This position offers a motivated real estate professional the opportunity to work with a small team of real estate professionals in a well-respected company. The analyst will assist with acquisitions, development, and project management efforts, across the western US. The Financial Analyst will be an integral part of the real estate team reporting to Company principals and will also support the construction and operations groups, with significant accountability in multiple aspects of projects, including: financial analysis and modeling, market analysis and research, due diligence, deal memo preparation, investor reports, equity an debt sourcing, entitlement and project reports, and project budgets.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new investment opportunities including conducting market research, underwriting and cash flow analysis.
- Create Excel-based models which present proforma investment returns, partnership distribution waterfalls and property/portfolio valuations.
- Assist in preparing business plans, including deal memorandums, equity offering memorandums, annual operating plans, financial forecasts and strategic plans.
- Manage acquisition and development reporting requirements.
- Monitor construction costs, budgeting, and the timeline for deliverables.
- Research and analyses: benchmark economic activity in target markets by tracking competitive supply, rents, operating performance and sales metrics.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to direct reports and partners.
Minimum Requirements & Education Level
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related major, such as Real Estate, Finance, or Economics; MBA preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Experience in Affordable Housing sector a plus.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel.
- Complex thinker of high intelligence. Deal instinct and owner mentality. Keen attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling skills are prerequisite.
- Strong written skills and MS Excel skills required.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism. Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity; always seeking new approaches and challenging the organization to new levels of success.
- Prior experience in multifamily, senior housing or mixed use a plus.
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of real estate development or construction strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel to projects throughout the West Coast as needed.
- Robust medical plan with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- Wellness Program & Incentive Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company sponsored 401 (k) Plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Paid holidays plus additional year-end holiday schedule
- Charitable Giving Program
- Onsite workout facility and locker room
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
- Paid parking
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.