Exciting news! SRM Development and Merrill Gardens are proud to announce that earlier this month, the first residents moved into Merrill Gardens at Monterey. Here are a few fun facts about the project:
- Mass excavation during the course of this project amounted to approximately 44,000+ cubic yards of export.
- Nearly 1 mile of split faced block retaining walls were built to create a building pad for the site. This work had to be complete before work on the building could begin.
- The landscape irrigation system relies entirely on rain water harvesting and the project includes 60,000 gallons of storage capacity to supply 100% of the irrigation needs.
- More than 500 Monterey Pine saplings were planted as part of the project's reforestation requirements.
- 5 wells ranging from 650' deep to 980' deep provide 100% of the domestic water for the building. The project includes a water treatment facility that filters the water for domestic use.
- A 40' wide and 24' long pre-cast concrete bridge was built to span a protected creek on the site.
Currently 30 units are already occupied and we're looking forward to a great lease-up now that the project is open.
Congratulations to the MG Monterey Crew: Bill Robinson, Brian Kopelowitz, Jared Osborn and Isaac Leija!